When you turn your computer on, a log-in screen appears first. On the Log-in screen, you find your username/account name above the password entry. You can change your display name (First and last name). No matter if you use a local account or a Microsoft one, it is very easy to change the name from the Settings and Control Panel.
In this guide, we will show you how you can change the display name of the Windows 10 user account.
Changing Windows 10 Account Display Name
Here’s how to can change the display name/username of your Microsoft Account display name:
- Open “Windows Settings” by pressing Windows key + I or from the Search menu.
- Click on “Accounts” in Settings.
- From “Your Info” select “Manage my Microsoft account”. It will take you to the Microsoft account on the browser.
- Click on “More actions” given under your display name and click on “Edit profile”.
- Now click on “Edit Name”.
- Fill in the provided fields with the appropriate information and click on “Save”
Reload the Microsoft page to update the Display name.
Here’s how to change the display name of the Local Windows 10 Account:
- Open Control Panel from Search on the taskbar.
- Click “User Accounts”.
- Click on “User Accounts” again.
- Now select “Change your account name”. Type the new name in the text field.
- Click on “Change name” to save the new Display name.