It is not always necessary that you only can burn a CD or DVD for installing Windows, but you can also create a bootable USB disk for Windows installation. There are numerous applications available in the market that allows the users to create bootable USB storage devices that can boot the system for installing a fresh copy of Windows or perform any recovery tasks.
It is very easy to create a bootable USB drive using Rufus
Rufus is a very simple and powerful tool that makes it possible for the users to create a bootable USB storage device. All you need is to have an ISO image for the specific operating system or the recovery software. It is an application specially designed for Windows users.
There are a few simple steps you can follow to create a bootable USB storage device.
- Place the ISO image where it is easily accessible and Download Rufus.
- Open Rufus and plug the USB stick in the USB port.
- Many options are blank when the USB device is not connected.
- As soon as you connect the USB stick, Rufus will automatically load all the USB details.
- Now Select the ISO image by clicking the disk image icon.
- Open the ISO image where you placed it using the File Explorer.
- The application will automatically fill up all the other remaining fields.
- Hit the start button and a warning will appear stating that all the data will be erased.
- Click on the OK button to start the process. The Rufus will show the progress and takes a few minutes to create a bootable USB device.
That’s all after the progress bar shows the success, you can disconnect the USB and boot the system for installing a fresh copy of the operating system.