Sometimes, you find yourself using the same outline of a document repeatedly. You can save yourself a lot of time by creating a template and using it every time you need the same outline. Though Google Docs offer a wide range of templates to choose from, sometimes it doesn’t fulfil your requirements.
Custom Template could be created which can be used multiple times. In this guide, we will show you step by step how to create a custom template in Google Docs.
Creating a Custom Template In Google Docs
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Browser and head over to the Google Docs homepage. Now open a new document, an already existing one, or Google’s pre-made template.
- Rename the file to something that has the word “Template” in it. You can do it by clicking on the Filename, entering the new name with Template word and press Enter key.
- Now you have to create a new folder for the Google Docs template. Click on the file icon next to the file name and click on the “New Folder” icon to create a new folder.
- Give the folder a new name and click on the tick mark.
- Once you have created the folder, click on “Move Here” to save the templates to this folder.
All the templates created will be saved in this folder, this way you can easily find the templates and everything will be neatly organized in Google Drive.
To access the templates saved in this particular folder can be accessed from Google Drive.
- Make sure to make copies of a particular template before making any changes to it as you will need to use the same template in different documents. To make a copy of the template, double click on the folder that has the template saved. Right-click on the template name, and select “Make a copy” from the list of options. The copy of the template would be saved in the same folder as the original one.