Factory Reset means performing a clean-up on your personal computer. There are many reasons why you would want to factory reset your computer. It could be because you want to sell your pc and want to erase all the data that you have stored in it or maybe you just want to start your pc a fresh by resetting all the settings.
Windows 10 provides this feature in Settings from where you can perform a Factory reset. You can choose if you want to erase all the data & Information or just want to reset the settings. We’re here to help you guide through it.
In this Guide, I will explain how you can perform Factory Reset Within your Personal Computer.
Perform Factory Reset on your Computer having Windows 10
In order to perform Factory Reset on your computer, follow the steps given below:
- Log-in to your Windows Account
- In Search Bar on the taskbar, type Reset this PC. This will take you to the Recovery Settings. You can also do it by pressing Windows key + X key from the keyboard and selecting “Settings” option from the list. Select Updates & Security from Settings. Now select Recovery from the Left Panel.
- Now that you’re in recovery portion. Click on Get Started to start the factory resetting process.
- It will ask you to select an option.
- Choose to Keep my files if you just want to keep your personal files and remove Apps and Settings.
- Select Remove everything if you want to remove all your personal files, apps, and settings within your Windows.
- Make sure to have your computer’s charger plugged-in.
- Once you’re done with the selection of an option. The computer will prompt to ask you one more time if you really want to remove everything.
- Select from the two options; “Just remove my files” or “Remove files and a clean drive.”
If you have multiple drives on your personal computer, Windows may ask whether you want to erase them as well, or whether you want to erase only the drive where Windows is installed.