Most of the times Google Chrome start consuming a lot of RAM that is might because of multiple tabs. It is also because of some of the Chrome protection and scanning tools. As Chrome always scans malicious links and files. There are different built-in tools for scanning the files which consume a lot of memory.
The Chrome Software Reporter tool is responsible for maximum resource usage. Fixing this issue is quite simple and very easy.
Dealing with Chrome Software Reporter Tool
There are a few simple steps that you can follow to speed up Google Chrome:
- Close all the Google Chrome tabs or windows
- Open Task Manager and check for running Chrome Processes
- Also, check the Software Reporter tool if present, click End Task
- Check if the problem is fixed, if not move on to the next fix.
Note: If the problem is fixed, make sure that the Software Reporter Tool does not run again. This is possible to delete the software reporter tool
Removing the Software Reporter Tool
- Open C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\SwReporter\36.182.200
- Delete the software_reporter_tool.exe from the folder after closing it from the Processes in Task Manager.
- Now whenever you update Chrome browser, the file will be installed again. Make sure to delete it every time when you update Chrome.
In case the Memory and CPU usage is still high and slowing down the computer then try to disable Chrome Background services which is also very simple.
Turning Off Background Services
You can turn off the background services by following the given steps:
- Open Chrome Settings from the top right corner menu.
- Scroll to the end and expand Advanced Settings.
- Under the System section, uncheck ‘Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed’.
- Check again if the problem is fixed.
If the chrome is still consuming more RAM and CPU usage than normal then also uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available”.
Resetting the Google Chrome with also helps in speeding up Chrome Brower. All these tweaks increase the battery life and improve the performance of the computer and make the Google Chrome lighter on system resources.