Microsoft has made it really easy for Windows 10 users to fix the prevailing issues in the System from within the System. Sometimes you play a movie or launch a game on your system but you don’t hear any kind of sound when the sound is turned on. You won’t find any apparent reason for the no sound. In this guide, we will help you fix the sound issues in Windows 10.
Windows 10 provides troubleshooting for every system hardware which makes it easy for the user to identify the issue. Before you try the troubleshooter, make sure to check the basic fixes which are mentioned below:
- Make sure your system is not on mute. You can identify it from the taskbar sound icon. If there is a cross on the sound icon, your system is on mute.
- Click on the sound icon to unmute.
- You might have put on headphones and forgot to plug it into your system.
- Headphones volume may have turned down, which you can turn up by using the volume buttons given on the sound controller.
- Restart the system before trying other fixes.
Troubleshoot and Fix Sound Issues in Windows 10
Here’s how you can fix sound issues in Windows 10 from the Windows Settings.
- First, you need to troubleshoot the issue, for the purpose go to System Settings by Searching from the search feature.
- In Windows Settings, select System Settings.
- From the left panel in System Settings, select Sound option
- Now click on Troubleshoot which is given under the Output heading
- The troubleshooter will look for the prevailing sound issue and provide the fix.
- If you want your system to do the fixing for you, select the recommended fix and let your system do the job for you.
- Once the fix is performed, the system will make you hear the sound for testing purposes. If the sound seems okay now, give the feedback.
- Close the troubleshooter once the fixing is done and try playing some sound on the system.