Like any other phone, the iPhone has also got a Phonebook where all the contacts are saved. You can communicate with any of the people in your contact list on WhatsApp if they have signed up the app with the same number. You may have saved many contacts in your device that you don’t need anymore. One can easily add and remove contacts from WhatsApp in an iPhone
In this guide, we will explain how you can delete unwanted contacts from your WhatsApp on an iPhone.
Removing Contacts from WhatsApp
It is very easy to manage and delete contacts on iPhone. You can either delete a contact from Contacts App or use the Phone App and the contact will be automatically be removed from the WhatsApp as well. Follow the steps mentioned below if you want to use Contacts App to delete a saved contact from your device:
- Go to the Contacts app in your iPhone
- Search for the Contact by typing in the Search given at the top of the App.
- Open the Contact that you want to delete.
- Tap on Edit option given at the top right of the Contact screen.
- Scroll down to find the Delete Contact option, tap on Delete Contact.
- Confirm your action by tapping on “Delete Contact”.
Once you’re done with deleting the contact on your iPhone, it will be removed from your phone and WhatsApp too. If you have your Contact App connected to the iCloud, the contact will still be saved on your iCloud. Following the above-mentioned guide will only delete the contact from your iPhone and remove it from WhatsApp.
You can delete as many contacts as you want to from your iPhone by simply following the above-mentioned steps. Hope this guide has helped you! For more easy guides, keep visiting Ask Caty.
You may also like to check out How to Delete Contacts on iPhone