Windows 10 allows users to map out long distances. It could be very useful when planning trips. You can mark the location from A to B and get there following the saved location on Maps in Windows 10. It is very easy to mark a location in maps. The Maps feature is a built-in Windows 10 feature.
In this guide, you will learn how to mark a location from one point to another using Windows 10 maps feature.
Also, learn How to Set Alarm in Windows 10
Add Places to Favorites in Windows 10 Maps
To open maps and mark a location while going on a trip, here’s how you can do it in Maps on Windows 10:
Before you try to set a favorite location on maps, make sure you have turned the location service on for Maps.
- Open the Start menu and search for Maps. Click on the Maps from Results
- To add place to your Favorites in Maps, click on the “Saved Places” icon which looks like a shooting star.
- A pop-up menu will appear which will have two tabs; “favorites” and “Collections”.
- Tap on the favorites, you will find three options “Home, Work, and Car”. Well, you are well aware of Home and Workplaces, Car lets you save your car parking location. The car option could be very useful when you have parked your car in a temporary place or in a crowded parking.
- There’s an ADD button given under each heading. Click on the Add+ button to add places to these common places.
- When you will click on the Add button, a search bar will appear. Find your favorite location (For example You home address) from the Search and click on Enter.
As soon as you will click on Enter, your address will be saved in the favorites tab in the “Saved places” menu.
You can also add a location that belongs to none of the categories by clicking on “Add a place” in the “Favorites” tab in the “Saved Places” menu. Provide the location by Searching from the Search bar or by manually choosing a location on the map.