There are times when you are giving a presentation with the help of Microsoft PowerPoint. To focus on one particular part of the presentation, you need to dim out the other part of it. For this purpose, you can use the animation feature in PowerPoint.
In this guide, you will learn how to dim out the text in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Dimming the Appearance of Text in Microsoft PowerPoint
Here’s how you can lighten the appearance of Text in Microsoft PowerPoint:
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint and head over to an already existing presentation or create a new one.
- Don’t group the part that you want to dim, make sure to give each point a separate animation.
- Now highlight the text by clicking and dragging the cursor over the text.
- Next, head over to the Animation tab and choose the entrance animation from the “Animation” group.
- You’ll find a number appear next to the text which shows that the animation has been applied.
- Apply animation separately to all the bullet points.
- Click on the “Animation Pane” in the “Advanced Animation” group.
- Select all the animation by pressing Ctrl + A or by clicking and holding the Ctrl button and clicking all the animations. Now click on the arrow given next to the animation and select “Effect Options” from the drop-down list of options.
- “Wipe” window will appear on the screen. By default, the “Effect” tab opens when the “Wipe” window pops on the screen.
- Click on “after animation” option drop-down menu and select a different color like grey. Make sure you don’t choose a totally different from the one that has already been used. If you don’t find the color that you want, click on “More Colors”.
- Click on “OK” when you are done applying the after animation color.