It’s about time you upgrade your iPhone, you will want to transfer as much possible data from your old iPhone to the new one. We’re here to make it easy for you to transfer your data from the old device to the new one. There is a number of ways to transfer data, we’re going to mention two easy ways to do it.
You can transfer data using iCloud or iTunes, it is easier to do it using iCloud than from iTunes as it involves connecting the device to Personal Computer.
Before you transfer your data to the new device,
- Set Up the new device first. Select language, Connect to the working internet connection, set up Apple ID that you’ve been using in the previous device.
- Set Touch ID/Passcode
- Backup data from the old device
- If Apple Watch is paired with the device, un-pair it.
- Transfer sim from old phone to the new phone.
You can use the iPhone/iPad that has the latest iOS 12-12.2 in use to quick start your new device. For this, both of your devices will be occupied so make sure you don’t need the old device for a few minutes.
To start the process bring both devices near each other.
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device using iOS 12 – 12.2. You will see the quick start screen on your new device. The new device will ask you to enter the Apple ID that you want to use on your new device, enter the Apple ID that you want to use. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- When you’ll find animation on a new device, hold your current device over the new device then center the animation in the viewfinder. Now, wait for a message “Finish on New Device”.
- Enter your current device passcode on the device you’re setting up.
- Set Up Face ID or Touch ID.
- Enter the Apple ID password on the new device.
- Your new device will offer you to restore apps, data, and settings from your latest iCloud backup or updating the current device’s backup and restoring it. If you want to update backup in your device, connect your device to the Wi-Fi network.
- You will be asked if you want to transfer the Apple Watch data and settings.
- Finish Upsetting the device.
Transferring Data through iCloud
The easiest method to transfer data from one device to another is by the use of iCloud Backup. You need to make sure that data has been backed up by iCloud in your previous phone. This article will help you backup your iPhone using iCloud and iTunes https://askcaty.com/how-to-backup-your-iphone-ipad-using-itunes-and-icloud/
- Turn on the new device, follow the directions to select language and Wi-Fi network.
- Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup” and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Tap “Next”, tap “Agree” and tap “Agree” again.
- Select the latest backup that you made of the previous iPhone.
You’ll have your previous phone’s data on your new phone.
Transferring data through iTunes
To transfer data using iTunes, make sure data from your previous iPhone/iPad/iPod is backed up with iTunes and you have the latest version of iTunes downloaded on your Personal Computer. This article will help you go through the process of backing up using iTunes https://askcaty.com/how-to-backup-your-iphone-ipad-using-itunes-and-icloud/
Now to transfer the backup you’ve created of your previous device to your new device follow the following steps:
- Connect your new device to your Personal Computer or Mac Book using working cable.
- Set Up your new iPhone.
- Select “Restore from iTunes Backup”
- From iTunes window select “Restore from this Backup”
- Choose your latest backup from the list.
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your password if asked due to encryption.
It might take a while to transfer all the data, depending on the amount of data to be transferred. Be patient and make sure that your device has a working Wi-Fi connection and the cable is plugged in properly.
Once the backup is done, you can enjoy your new device with the old phone’s data. Hope this article will help through the process of transferring data.