Facebook is one of the widely used social media websites that doesn’t only let the user interact with people from across the world but also create Facebook groups and pages for various purposes. You can create a public Facebook page or a private/public group.
Managing a Facebook group requires time and effort. If you’re low on time and energy to give to your Facebook group, you can archive it. Archiving a group won’t delete its content but you won’t be able to create posts, like and comment on existing posts. The already added members will be able to see the group, but you cannot add new members.
RELATED: How to Unpublish or Delete the Facebook Page
Archiving a group is a temporary method to take-down the group for a suitable amount of time. You can un-archive the group at any time and it will be up and running again.
In this guide, we will show you how to archive and un-archive a Facebook group.
Archiving and Un-archiving a Facebook Group
Follow the guide to learn how to archive a Facebook group:
- Open the Facebook app on your device or go to the Facebook official website on the browser. Navigate to the group that you want to archive.
- On the group page, click on the “Menu” button from the top toolbar. From the drop-down menu, select the “Archive group” option.
- Click on the “Confirm” button from the pop-up that appears.
The group will be archived and all the activities will stop eventually. If you want the group to be up and running again for Facebook users, you can unarchive it. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the archived group on Facebook. Under the Group name and details, you will find a banner that says “This group has been archived”.
- There you will find an “Unarchive Group” button. Click on it to resume the group activities.
ALSO, LEARN: How to Permanently Delete your Facebook Account