If you are getting spam calls or texts from an unknown number, or you simply don’t want someone to contact you, there’s an easy way to get rid of them by blocking their number.
Simply blocking a number that’s been bothering you could restore your peace of mind. It’s very easy to block a contact but since every device has a different way to handle processes, we are here to help you with it.
In this guide, we will show you how to block a contact on the iPhone and on an Android device.
Blocking a Contact on an iPhone
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to learn how to block a contact on an iPhone.
- Go to the Contacts tab in the Phone app on your Apple device.
- Navigate to the contact that you want to block by manually searching it or by typing the contact’s name on the search bar.
- Tap on the contact name to reveal the details.
- Swipe down the contact detail screen and tap on the “Block this Caller” option.
- Tap on the “Block Contact” button on the prompt that appears.
Now you will not receive phone calls, messages, or FaceTime from people on the block list. The other way to block a contact on the iPhone is from the “Settings”.
Head over to the “Settings” on the iPhone and scroll down to find “Phone” settings. Tap on “Phone” with the phone icon. Here, tap on the “Call Blocking & Identification”. The list of all the blocked contacts will be displayed here. You can add a contact in this list by tapping on the “Block Contact…” option at the bottom of the list. Select the contact to add to the blocked list.
Blocking a Contact on an Android Phone
Blocking a contact on an android device is quite similar to blocking contact on an iPhone but since we know that both the operating system has a different interface, we will show you how it’s done in an android device:
- Head over to your phone’s contact list and navigate to the number that you want to block.
- Tap on the contact name to reveal the details. Now tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the contact screen and select “block number” from the drop-down menu.
Make sure to have the number saved on your contact list before you try to block it.