By default, Google Docs has a specific font, font size, and line spacing. The font is set to Arial, font size is 11 and line spacing is set to 1.15 just like we have a specific format set for MS Word. However, you can change the default settings to the settings of your choice or requirement.
In this guide, you will learn how to change the Google Docs Default format settings.
Change Google Docs Default Format Settings
Here’s how you can change the default font and line spacing in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs and open the already existing document or create a new one and type in a few sentences. Choose the line spacing and font of your choice while typing those sentences.
- Now select the formatted text by highlighting using the mouse pointer.
- Click on the “Format” option on the toolbar and select the “Paragraph Styles” from the drop-down menu, an extended drop-down list will appear. Select “Normal text” from the extended menu.
- Another extended list will appear “Update ‘Normal Text’ to the match”
- Now again go to the “Format” option followed by “Paragraph styles”. From the Dropdown menu select “Options” at the bottom of the list.
- From the extended Options menu, select the “Save as My Default Styles” option.
Your adjusted format settings will be changed from the default.