Apple iOS 14 updates brought a number of new features for the iPhone and iPad users. Now you have access to more features for customizing group chats and conversations in iMessage on iPhone or iPad. If you want to make a group conversation stand out, you can put on a unique photo as a group icon.
The group chat will have a distinctive photo with individuals who display pictures surrounding it. In this guide, we will show you how you can change the group chat icon in iMessage on iPhone.
Putting up Custom Icon on Group Chat in iMessage
To change the display picture of a group chat in iMessage, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start by opening the “Messages” app in your iPhone from the dock on the bottom of the screen and navigate to the iMessage group chat whose icon you want to change.
- Tap on the Avatar icon at the top of the conversation.
- From the expanded menu, choose the “info” option.
- Names of the participants will be displayed here, tap on the “Change Name and Photo” under the names.
- In the text box enter a group name if you haven’t already done it. Below the text box, a couple of options are available to create a group photo including: “Camera, Gallery, Emoji or a Memoji”.
- To select an already existing photo in your camera roll to put up as a display icon, tap on the “Photos” button.
- Search or browse the image that you want to add as a display picture and tap on it to select it.
- Move and scale the photo to fit in the circular format of the Group Photo. Tap on the “Choose” button when you’re done scaling it.
- Add a filter to your avatar if you want to or keep it as it is and tap on the “Done” button on the top-right corner of the screen.
Your group conversation icon will now be updated. You can also add an emoji or memoji instead of a photo by using the emoticon feature.