If you are hosting a meeting in Zoom application but you have to leave due to some reason, you can pass the host privileges to the other member who is the part of the meeting as well.
Note: You can only pass on the host privilege if you are a licensed Zoom user. Zoom offers some business packages to the users. The host privileges can be passed on to the free user and the meeting can be continued until the undefined limit of time. But if you are a free user and you pass the host privileges to a free or licensed user, the meeting will be limited to 40 minutes after the controls are handed over to the other user.
Learn How to Join a Meeting in Zoom
In this guide, we will show you how to pass the meeting host privileges to another user in the meeting.
Changing the Meeting Host in Zoom
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Zoom app and set up a meeting which can be done by clicking on the “New Meeting” button given on the home screen. After setting a new meeting, invite participants to join the meeting by clicking on “Invite” at the bottom of the Zoom window.
- Once the meeting is set up and all the participants have joined, click on the “Manage Participants” tab at the bottom of the screen. Or press the shortcut Command + U keys in Mac and Alt + U keys in Window.
- A list of participants will appear in the right pane. Hover the mouse cursor to the Participant’s name and select the “More” option.
- Choose the “Make Host” option from the list that appeared when clicked on “More”.
- A confirmation box will appear asking “If you want to change the host to <username>”. Select “Yes” to make the other user meeting host.
The host controls have now been given to the other participant and you can safely leave the meeting without interrupting the conference.