Like any other social media account, Snapchat also lets users create a unique username and the Display name that appears when you send someone a snap or update your story. It is a bit tricky to change the username that you have set when you first created the Snapchat account.
Username is the unique ID that is assigned to you which other users use to look up for your account. Whereas, the display name is the one that people see when you interact with them and is very easy to edit.
In this guide, we will show you how to edit the display name on Snapchat.
Editing the Display Name on Snapchat
Follow the guide to learn how to edit the display name on Snapchat:
- Launch the Snapchat app in your device either manually or using the search/spotlight feature and open the app from the results.
- When you first open Snapchat, you will see the camera screen which is the main screen. Tap on the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- It will take you to your account where you can see your display name, user name, your Snapchat score. Tap on the cog icon on the top right corner of this screen to open Settings.
- From the Settings screen, you can change the Display name as well as username. Keep in mind that you can only change the username if you have selected the unique name that is not already taken by another user.
- To change the Display name tap on the textbox next to the “Name” tag. Type the new name, and tap on the “Save” button.
Your Snapchat display name will be changed. Now your friends can see the new display name when you will send them a snap or update your story.
ALSO, LEARN: How to Change Instagram Username and Display Name