When you clear the cache memory, and cookies all the browsing data from past hours, past day, or past week along with the passwords and other data saved in your browser will be cleared. Clearing your cache memory and cookies can speed up the browsing experience.
In this guide, we will show you how to clear cache memory and cookies in Mozilla Firefox.
Clearing Firefox’s Cache and Cookies
To clear the cache and cookies in Mozilla Firefox on PC, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser in your PC and click on the menu icon that looks like the three horizontal lines given on the top right corner of the browser window.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Options”.
- Firefox will take you to the “Preferences” tab. Here select “Privacy & Security” from the left pane.
You can also use the shortcut method to go to the privacy & settings without having to follow the steps mentioned above by typing “about:preferences£privacy” in the firefox address bar.
- Scroll down the page to the “Cookies and Site Data” section and click on “Clear Data”. You can check the “Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” to clear the memory when you close the browser.
- “Clear Data” window will appear. Here, check the boxes next to the “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content” and then click on the “Clear” button.
- A warning message will appear, click on “Clear Now” to affirm your action.
Your cache and cookies will be erased after a few seconds.