Just like clearing the cache memory on browser improve the speeds up the browsing experience through the internet, clearing the cache in Windows is a smart way to resolve system issues, improve system performance, and freeing up disk space. It could be done using the system built-in “Disk Cleanup” app.
RELATED: How to Scan a File for Malware with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
In this guide, we will show you how to clear temporary files cache on Windows 10 using the “Disk Cleanup” app.
Clearing the Temporary Files Cache on Windows 10 With Disk Cleanup App
Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to clear the temporary files cache on Windows 10 through the “Disk Cleanup” app:
- From the windows search bar given on the bottom-left of the taskbar, type “Disk Cleanup”.
- Click on the “Disk Cleanup” app from the results that appear.
- Once you run the “Disk Cleanup” app, it will start calculating how much C: system drive space can be freed.
- The “Disk Cleanup for OS (C:)” box will appear on the screen. Scroll down the “Files to delete” section and check the box next to “Temporary Files”. You can also check the boxes next to “Recycle Bin” or “Downloads” to clear data from the locations.
- After selecting the files to delete, click on the “Clean up System Files” button. Windows will calculate the storage space that will be freed up.
- Now again select the files that you want to delete data from and click on the “OK” button.
- You will be asked for confirmation of your action, click on “Delete Files” to continue the cache cleanup.
The process of deleting unnecessary files on your Windows 10 PC could take several minutes. Once the cleanup is completed, the files from the destined folders will be deleted.