There are some means to hide a folder in Windows 10, but doing it with the digital parlor trick is the most amusing one.
In this guide, we will show you an easy method to create an invisible folder on the Windows 10 desktop.
Creating an Invisible Folder on Windows 10 Desktop
To create an invisible folder, you need to create a folder with an invisible name and no icon. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop, select “New” from the menu that appeared and click on the “Folder” option from the extended menu.
- The folder will appear with “New Folder” highlighted so you can rename it. Rename the folder while pressing and holding the “Alt” key as you type “255” on the numeric keypad. Make sure you press the digits on Numeric keypad and not the digits are given on the top row of the keypad.
- You have typed a special character with ASCII character code which is not present on the keyboard. The name of the folder will be hence invisible.
- Now that the name of the folder is invisible, it’s time to hide the folder icon. Right-click on the folder icon and select “Properties” from the menu.
- Now click on the “Customize” tab in the “Properties” box and click on “Change Icon” under the “Folder icons” heading.
- From the “Change icon for Folder” icon, click on an invisible icon and click on “OK”.
- Now click “OK on Properties window and you’re good to go.
Your folder icon will be invisible now. To approach the folder, drag the mouse pointer over a large section of the desktop to select multiple icons. Only this way you can find the folder, there is no other way the folder will become visible to the users.
Also, learn How to Create a Shutdown Icon in Windows 10