Inserting the Page Border to your Microsoft Word Document could really make the presentation of your document stand out. You can control the way page border would appear on the document by customizing the style, thickness, and number of pages with the border.
Adding a Page Border to Microsoft Word Document
Here’s how you can insert the page border to Microsoft Word Document:
- Open Microsoft Word and open an already existing document or open a new page.
- Click on the Design tab given in the Ribbon. (For Office 365 and Office 2019 users). If you’re the user of previous Office users, click on the “Layout” or “Page Layout” tab.
- Now click on the “Page Borders” given in the Page Background section.
- Borders and Shading box will pop up on the screen. By default, Borders and Shading box opens the “Page Border” tab.
- Click on “Box” to enter the normal box border to the Microsoft Word page. You can choose the styles of borderline. You can also change the border color and width according to your requirements.
- Click on “OK” to apply the border that you have selected for your Word Document.
By default, all pages of the Microsoft Word will be updated with the same border.
To apply the border to only one page of the document, select the “This Section” from the “Apply to” drop-down menu in the Borders and Shading box. This will only apply the border to the page you are currently on. To apply the border on the first page of the document only, select “This section – Frontpage only” or choose “This section – All except the first page” to exclude the border from 1st page only.