Instagram allows users who are following each other to comment on each other’s posts. There could be times when you will get offended by someone’s comment or you don’t seem to like the hateful comment left on your post. The easiest way to get rid of such comments is by deleting it immediately. You can also delete the comment on other user’s posts if you have made a typo and re-comment.
Also, learn How to Save a Post on Instagram
In this guide, we will show you how to delete a comment on an Instagram post through iPhone, Android, and desktop.
Deleting an Instagram Comment on iPhone & Android
It is very easy to delete a comment made on Instagram posts through iPhone or android. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone, and go to the comment that you want to delete.
- Swipe left on the comment when you are using an iPhone to reveal the options.
- Now tap on the red trash can icon to delete the comment.
- If you are using an Android device, navigate to the comment that you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on the comment to select it.
- Now tap on the Trash can icon on the top-right corner of the Instagram screen.
Before the comment will be deleted permanently, you can restore it within a few seconds when the app shows the red stripe on the top of the screen that the “1 comment deleted. Tap to undo”. Tap on this banner to undo the changes that you have made.
Deleting an Instagram Comment on Desktop app
Here’s how it is done:
- Open the browser on your PC and go to the Instagram official website. Log-in to your existing account.
- Now navigate to the comment that you want to delete.
- Click on the three dots (…) given by the comment.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen. Choose the “Delete” option from the given options.
The comment will thus be deleted. Related: How to Browse Instagram on Your Desktop