Notification previews let iPhone users read the incoming messages on the iPhone locked screen. There’s a drawback of this feature as anyone will pick up your phone will have the access to your messages and can read or reply to them. For privacy purposes, you can disable the notification previews for WhatsApp on iPhone. In this guide, we will show you how to disable it.
Disabling Notification Preview for WhatsApp
There are two ways to hide the message preview for WhatsApp, one would simply hide the message content and only display the sender name as a WhatsApp message notification. You can preview the message by unlocking the device with a face ID.
Also, learn How to Hide Games that you’re playing on Discord
This feature is available for all the older iPhone with touch ID along with the ones with Face ID. It is enabled by default for devices with a Face ID sensor.
Here’s how you can manually enable it in older iPhones:
- Open “Settings” in your Apple device and tap on the “Notifications” option.
- Tap on the “Show Previews” in notifications settings.
- You can choose “Never” from the list if you don’t want notifications to show on your locked screen. Or tap on the “When Unlocked” option which will show your notifications on the screen but will show the full content when unlock using touch ID or face ID.
The above-mentioned method would disable notifications from all the apps if you specifically want to disable WhatsApp notifications follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the “WhatsApp” app and tap on the “Settings” tab on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From there, choose the “Notifications” option.
- Toggle off the “Show Preview” option
Now you will just see the name of the sender and a notification “Message” from WhatsApp on the locked iPhone screen.
Also, learn How to Delete Houseparty account on iOS