Windows 10 has made it easy for the users to copy and paste items conveniently with the Clipboard history feature. You can pin the frequently used copy and paste items to it for quick access. The only drawback of this feature Is that you can only pin an item that’s less than 4MB in size and the history will be removed for the clipboard every time you will restart the PC.
Also, learn How to Uninstall Windows 10 May 2020 Update
In this guide, we will show you how to enable Clipboard History and how to pin items to it.
Enabling Clipboard History in Windows 10
To enable clipboard history on Windows 10 PC, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to the Windows Settings by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu or by searching from the search bar on the taskbar. You can also use the Windows + V keyboard shortcut to open Windows Settings.
- Select “System” settings from the Windows Settings window.
- From the System’s left panel, select “Clipboard”, and toggle-on the “Clipboard history” option from the right panel.
The Clipboard History feature will be enabled, now you can use it anywhere on the system.
Pinning Items to the Clipboard History in Windows 10
Here’s how you can do it:
- Press “Windows + V” from the keypad to open the list of items that you’ve recently copied to any application.
- The clipboard window will appear on the lower-right corner of the screen or near the application that you are using. The recently copied item will be displayed on the top of the list.
- To pin the copied item to the clipboard click on the three horizontal dots given on the top-right corner of the item you want to pin.
- Select “Pin” from the menu that will pop up beside the item. The pinned item will stay on the clipboard history permanently even when you will restart your PC.
With clipboard history, you can copy-paste item from it anywhere you want as it is accessible anywhere in windows.