Dark Mode trend is spreading like fire, and Gmail is the latest App to receive the dark mode. It’s been a few months since the release of iOS 13 and Android 10 with the wide range of Dark Mode for the system and the Apps, Gmail has to be the last of these apps to receive Dark mode.
The dark mode is available for both desktop and mobile apps. It is healthier to use dark mode than the light mode for the phone’s battery as well as your eyes especially at the time of night.
In this guide, we will teach you how to enable dark mode for Gmail.
Enabling Dark Mode for Gmail
Activate Dark Mode for Gmail Desktop App
To Activate Dark mode for Gmail desktop App, follow the directions mentioned below:
- Launch the browser and go to Gmail.com.
- Click on the Settings gear given at the top right corner underneath your profile picture.
- Select “themes” and choose the Black one from the list of themes.
Activate Dark Mode for Gmail Android App
Before you try to activate Gmail on Android App, make sure you have the latest Gmail version downloaded on your device.
- If you are using Android 10, the Gmail App will automatically update to the dark mode.
- To manually enable dark mode for Gmail App. Open the Gmail app and tap on the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings” and then “General Settings”.
- Here you can change the Gmail theme to either light, dark or system default.
Activating Dark Mode for Gmail iOS App
Unfortunately, Dark Mode for Gmail on iOS App is taking a little longer to arrive, but if you are using a system-wide dark mode Gmail App will automatically turn dark.
Related: How to Enable Dark Mode in iOS 13