Apple is known to be the most reliable industry when it comes to data security. It has its own built-in features that help you secure your data. Two-Factor Authentication is one of the security features which adds up a layer of security to your Apple ID in-case someone tries to break into your account.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication on iPhone
To enable two-factor authentication for your Apple ID to follow the following steps:
- Go to “Settings” in your device.
- Tap on the name at the top of the menu and select “Password & Security”
- Tap “Turn On Two-Factor Authentication”
Set up an Apple ID for your device if you have not already signed into one. In this way, you’ve successfully added another layer of security for the protection of your data.
Disabling Two-Factor Authentication in iPhone
To turn off two-factor authentication follow the following steps:
- Go to the official Apple website and sign in to your Apple ID.
- Scroll down to the “Security” section and click on “Edit”
- Click on “Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication”
- You’ll be asked a few security questions, answer the questions and click on “Continue”
- Confirm your decision to turn off Two-Factor Authentication.
You may also like to read: How to Change Log-in Password on Mac