Unfortunately, there is no direct method to enable parental controls in Discord. However, you can take measures like restricting communication from unwanted parties and block content that’s identified as explicit or inappropriate. This way you can keep your kids safe while gaming online.
In this guide, we will show you how to take safety measures for your kids on Discord.
Also, read How to Hide Games that you’re playing on Discord
Blocking Explicit Content in Discord
Here’s how you can block inappropriate content on Discord:
- Open Discord, and go to the Settings by clicking on the gear icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the “Privacy & Settings” tab on the left pane of the window. Check the “Keep me safe” option under the “Safe Direct Messaging” heading.
Doing so will make sure that all the inappropriate content is scanned and filtered out. Here’s another method to ensure privacy in discord which is mentioned below.
Blocking Unwanted Communication in Discord
Here’s how you can do it:
- In the “Privacy & Safety” tab in Discord Settings, scroll down to “Server Privacy Defaults”.
- Here, toggle the switch to turn off the “Allow direct messages from server members” option. Remember that you will still be able to communicate publicly in chat rooms.
- You will be asked if you want to also block the DMs from people on an existing server. Select Yes or no according to your preference.
Moreover, you can scroll down to “Who can add you as a friend” section and deselect the options given.
Also, check out How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication in Discord