Apple allows Mac users to enable split-screen which could be used side by side. This could be achieved by using the Split view feature in macOS (macOS EI Capitan 10.11 or later). You can also adjust the amount of space each side of the screen would occupy.
Also, learn How to Print to PDF on Mac
In this guide, we will show you how to enable split-screen on Mac.
Using the Split View on Mac
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the two Windows that you would like to split view and position them accordingly on the screen.
- Hover the mouse pointer to the full-screen button on the top left corner of the window. A menu will pop-up with three options i.e. Enter Full Screen, Tile Window to Left of Screen, Tile Window to Right of Screen.
- By selecting the “Enter Full Screen” option will extend the window to the full screen hiding the macOS menu bar.
- If you want to split the screen in two, select either of the “Tile Window” options.
- Half of the screen will be filled up with the window that you selected. The other half of the screen contains the smaller version of the opened window. Click on the other window to fill up the other half of the screen.
The Mac’s screen will be in the Split view now. You can resize each side of the window. To do so, click and drag the black partition between the two screens and adjust the space taken by each side.
Related: How to Use & Open Finder with a Keyboard Shortcut in Mac