Find & Replace feature of Microsoft Excel is very useful yet we forget about it most of the time. Instead of doing the manual finding and replacing things in the Excel sheet which is quite time consuming, one can use this handy feature.
In this guide, we will show you how to use Find & Replace Feature in Microsoft Excel.
Finding & Replacing Text and Numbers in Microsoft Excel
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Microsoft Excel and open an already existing spreadsheet or create a new one and add the text/numbers in the cells.
- Click on the Home tab in the Menu bar. By default, the Home tab opens when you launch Excel Spreadsheet.
- Next, click on “Find & Select” given in the “Editing” group. Select “Find” from the drop-down menu that will appear when you will click on the “Find & Select” option.
- In the Find & Replace box, type the word that you want to find in the spreadsheet and click on “Find Next” to find more similar words.
- Click on “Find All” to find all the similar words that you typed in the “Find what” box.
Find tab can only be used to find the occurrence of a word in the spreadsheet document. To replace the word, you can use the “Replace” feature given under the “Find” option in the “Find & Select” drop-down menu.
- Switch to the “Replace” tab in order to replace the word in the document.
- Type the word/number in the “Find what” box and type the word to replace the found word in the “Replace with” box.
- Once you are done typing the word or number, click on “Replace” to replace the found word only one time in the document or click on “Replace All” to replace all the found words in the spreadsheet.
This feature helps the user to conserve time and is easy to use.