WhatsApp media takes up valuable storage space on your iPhone. WhatsApp has a built-in storage management tool that helps the user to manage space. It also shows which conversation is taking more storage space. This tool could be very helpful as you can clear up data from every individual chat.
In this guide, you will learn how to free Up WhatsApp Storage Space on iPhone.
Freeing WhatsApp Storage Space on iPhone
Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch WhatsApp by searching from the spotlight and go to the “Settings” tab.
- In the “Settings” tab tap on the “Data & Storage Usage” option.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Storage Usage” option.
- You will see a list of conversations sorted by the size, tap on a conversation to see the conversation storage space. Scroll down and tap on the “Manage” option.
- Select the media types (Photos, GIFs, Videos, Voice Messages, Documents, Stickers) that you want to delete.
- After the selection of the media type, tap on the “Clear” option.
- Now again tap on “Clear” to confirm your action.
Selected data will be removed from the WhatsApp storage. To check the available storage on your iPhone head over to Device Settings > General > iPhone Storage.