Facebook is one of the popular social media apps that contain a lot of features that help the user stay connected with the world. Users can write and share something like a post and can also share posts from different pages that they are following.
Sometimes it gets really annoying when you start seeing irrelevant or hate content from the same person repeatedly. To unfriend someone from real life on Facebook is considered rude and they might not feel good about it. The only way to stop seeing such content is by unfollowing them or snoozing their posts for 30 days.
RELATED: How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Desktop
Facebook offers the user to unfollow a user without having to unfriend them. You can also snooze someone’s posts for 30 days, after that you’ll again start seeing their posts on your timeline. If their posts still annoy you, you can unfollow them from their account. Keep in mind both these options can be reversed and the other user won’t know about this.
Muting Someone on Facebook
Follow the guide to learn how to mute someone on Facebook:
- Open the Facebook app on your device using the search or spotlight feature.
- Go to the user’s post that you want to mute, and tap on the “Menu” button that looks like “…”
- From the menu tap on “Snooze (name of the user) for 30 days” to temporarily mute the posts. You can also select “Unfollow (name of the user)” to stop seeing their posts altogether.
RELATED: How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
The posts from the user will be muted. You can also mute the Facebook user from their profile, follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Go to the user profile on Facebook by using the search tab. Type the user’s display name and tap on the result to open the user account that you want to mute.
- Now tap on the “Friends” button on the profile page.
- Select the “Unfollow” option from the list of options.