Apple brought out its first wireless Bluetooth earbuds. Now they’ve just released the second generation AirPods with improved battery in March, 2019. Users love them because anything that’s wireless is perfect to go with. No need to carry around tangled earphones when you have wireless AirPods.
Requirements to connect AirPods with iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Before you try to connect AirPods with your device, make sure you have the following features in your device
- If you have 1st Generation AirPods, you’ll need to have iOS 10 or later software update on your iDevice.
- If you have 2nd Generation AirPods, you’ll need to have iOS 12 or later Software Update on your iDevice.
- iPod touch Generation 6 with iOS 10 or later
- Apple TV 4th Generation or later
- Apple Watch models running WatchOS 3 or later
- iPhone 5 or later versions can be connected with the AirPods
How to Pair your device with AirPod
Apple has made it quite easy to connect AirPods with your device. It will automatically sign in with iCloud account running on your device. If you’ve just bought the new AirPods and need some help with it, we’re here to help you out. To connect your AirPods with your iPhone/iPad/IPod Touch, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure your device has the latest software update downloaded and installed.
- From the Control Center turn on the Bluetooth.
- Open the AirPods case and bring the AirPods near to your device.
- If you have Hey Siri enabled in your device, it will automatically pair AirPods with the device.
- You’ll find a message on your device’s screen, Tap on Connect to connect the AirPods.
That’s it, you’re paired!
How to Un-pair AirPods from your Device
You can un-pair your AirPods if you don’t want them to stay connected with your device. If you’ll unpair Airpords from iPhone, they’ll automatically be unpaired from Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. But if you un-pair them from your iPad, they will stay connected with other devices.
To Un-pair AirPods from your Device, follow the steps mentioned below
- Launch the Settings App on your device
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Tap the Details button given right beside the AirPod’s name.
- Tap Forget This Device.
Hope this article will help you to Pair and Un-Pair your AirPods with iPhone/iPad and iPod Touch. Give us your feedback!
- You’ll be asked for confirmation. Tap on Forget Device
- Again Tap on Forget Device to confirm or cancel if you don’t want to un-pair it.