Snapchat has to be the first social media app that introduced the concept of stories (pictures, videos) lasting for only a certain amount of time. After the time is up, the story disappears automatically. Users can click the picture or record a video and add it to their story with just one tap. You can also share content from your device’s gallery.
RELATED: How to Repost a Post on Instagram using a Third-party Application
If you have had enough of this app or you have no more time to update your story regularly, whatever may the reason be, the account can be deleted from Snapchat permanently. Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct way to delete the account from the app, it can only be done from the Snapchat webpage.
Your Snapchat account cannot be deleted immediately, and have to wait for 30 days before it is permanently removed. During the 30 days’ time period, you can change your mind and reactivate your account.
In this guide, we will show you how to permanently delete your Snapchat account.
Permanently Deleting your Snapchat Account
Follow the guide to learn how to permanently delete your Snapchat account:
- Launch the browser on your PC, and go to the Snapchat webpage.
- Log-in to your already existing account by typing the username and password. Click on “I’m not a robot” and Log-in.
- Next click on the “Delete My Account” option.
- Enter your log-in details again to confirm it’s you.
NOTE: Your account will be deactivated once you click on the “Continue” button and your friends won’t be able to contact you on Snapchat. After 30 days of deactivation, your account will be deactivated permanently. You can only get your account back with all the settings and friends if you reactivate it within 30 days.
- If you’re sure you want to delete your account, click on the “Continue” button. Do not reactivate your account before 30 days or you will have to perform the process again in order to have your account permanently removed from Snapchat.
- In-case you have changed your mind about letting go of your Snapchat account, go to the Snapchat app and enter your account’s log-in details. Snapchat will ask you if really want to re-activate your account, tap on “Yes”.
RELATED: How to Mute a Facebook User