Pinning frequently visited or hard to remember websites to your Windows 10 taskbar or Start menu would save you a lot of time and effort. You can pin any website to the Start menu or taskbar using any browser you want.
In this guide, we will show you how to pin a website on Taskbar or Start menu from Google Chrome in Windows 10.
Pin a Website to Taskbar or Start Menu
Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch the browser and navigate to the website that you want to pin to the taskbar/start menu.
- Click on the Settings icon (three vertical dots) given at the right corner of the screen and hover your mouse to the “More Tools” option. Select “Create Shortcut” from the extended menu.
- A pop-up will appear, change the shortcut name if desired and click on “Create”. A desktop icon will be created.
- If you want your shortcut to open in a separate window and tab, click on the checkbox beside the “Open as Window” option.
- Now right-click on the shortcut icon and select “Pin to Taskbar” or “Pin to Start” option wherever you want to pin the shortcut to.
If you have set the website shortcut to “Open as Window”, it will immediately open in a new Chrome window. Now you can delete the desktop shortcut. You may also like to check out How to Create a Shutdown Icon in Windows 10