Finding text within a webpage with long and complex content can be frustrating. Fortunately, we can search for a text within the web page using the keyboard shortcut. In this guide, we will show you how to search text on a web-page through the “find in page” feature.
Also, learn How to Change Your Hulu Plan
Searching for Text in a Web Page
Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to do it:
- Launch the browser and go to the webpage that you want to search for text in.
- Now press “Ctrl + F” on Windows PC, Chromebook, or Linux system, and “Command + F” on the Mac keyboard. Key “F” is to find features in every browser.
- A bar will appear by the bookmark icon on the upper-right corner of the window where you can type the text to search within the search page.
- On Microsoft Edge, the “Find on Page” bar will appear on the top left corner of the window under the address bar.
- On Mozilla Firefox, the search bar will appear in the lower-left corner of the window.
- On Mac’s Safari, the search bar will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen.
This universal keyboard shortcut is not limited to search in web pages but can also be used in other programs like Notepad, Microsoft Word, File Explorer/Finder, and other apps like Apple Music, or Photos.
Related: How to Go Incognito in Safari