Facebook shortcut bar is the one that has a friend request icon, Watch, Market Place and Notifications. It becomes really crowded there for which you can always remove these from within the app. The shortcut bar is located at the bottom of the screen on the iPhone and iPad. However, the shortcut bar in android is placed on the top of the screen.
In this guide, we will show you how you can remove icons from the shortcut bars in the iPhone using the long-press method and through the app settings.
Removing Icons from Shortcut Bar using Long-Press method
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone using the spotlight search or by asking Siri to launch it for you.
- Then decide which icon you want to remove from the shortcut bar (Friend Request, Watch, and Market Place). Once you have decided which one to remove, long-press on the icon.
- A menu will appear on the long-press, select “Remove from shortcut bar” from the options.
- You will be asked for the confirmation of your action, tap on “Remove” to remove the icon from the shortcut bar or tap on “Cancel” to cancel the action.
Once you have removed the icon from the shortcut bar, you can always get it back from the menu.
Also, learn How to Save a Post to view later on Facebook
Removing Icons from the Settings
Follow the guide to learn how you can remove the icons from the shortcut bar using Settings:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone using the spotlight search or by asking Siri to launch it for you.
- Next tap on the three dashes at the right bottom of the screen, then tap on the downward-facing arrow given right beside the “Settings & Privacy” option.
- Select “Settings” from the slide-out menu.
- Now slide down the menu to the Shortcut section in Settings and tap on “Shortcut Bar”.
- Toggle off the option that you want to remove from the shortcut bar.
If you ever decide to get the icon back on the shortcut bar, toggle it back on from the Shortcut Settings.