Instagram lets the users post pictures, and stories and those who follow you can see, like, and comment on it. The only way to share someone’s post on your Instagram is by reposting it. Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have a direct option to repost someone’s story and it’s a complicated process if you want to do it use a third-party app.
Before you try to repost someone else’s post, make sure you have permission to do it as it could violate the copyright law. You can message the concerned person and ask for permission and wait for their response. We would recommend you to Screenshot the messages where the user has granted you permission.
Once you have got the permission to repost someone’s post, download and install a third-party app to do it. The most popular reposting app for Instagram is “Repost+” for iOS devices and “Regram Posts” for android.
In this guide, we will show you how to repost an Instagram post using a Third-party app.
Reposting a Post on Instagram
Follow the guide to learn how it’s done:
- First, launch the Instagram app on your device and go to the post that you want to repost.
- Tap on the menu button on the top right corner of the post, and select the “Share” option from the menu that pops up.
- Tap on “Copy link” or “Copy Share ULR” depending on your device. The link to the post will be copied.
- Now that you have the link to the post copied, close the Instagram app and go to the reposting app.
- Paste the copied link where appropriate. You will see a couple of options including where to place the attribution mark and whether you want to copy the original caption.
- The reposting app will take you back to Instagram where you can choose if you want to post it as a story or as a post on your feed. You can also apply filters to the picture.
We would suggest you to not change the caption or apply filters to the original picture as it could be considered as a copyright violation.