Instagram is all fun until you get to interact with unwanted people or face some bully, and trolls. With the new Instagram update, you can now control undesirable interaction and restrict the specific Instagram users.
Instagram has introduced the new Restriction feature which lets the user restrict interaction with specific people. Once you have restricted a user, they cannot direct message you instead their message will be moved to the “Message Request” section and you will not receive any notifications from their account. Moreover, when the restricted user will comment under your post, it will not be made public unless you let it.
In this guide, we will show you how to restrict a user on Instagram.
RELATED: How to Mute an Instagram User
Restricting an Instagram User
There are two ways that you can use to restrict an Instagram user, i.e. from their profile or from the comment section. Follow the guide to learn how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your device or from the Instagram web app, and log-in to your already existing Instagram account.
- Now head over to the user account that you want to restrict by using the search tab and typing their username or through your follower’s list.
- On their profile, tap on the menu button given on the top-right corner.
- Select the “Restrict” option from the pop-up menu that appears. If you’re using this feature for the first time, Instagram will tell you some details about this new feature.
- Tap on the “Restrict Account” button. Their chat will be moved to your message requests, so they won’t see when you’ve read it.
- Tap on “Dismiss” once you have restricted the account.
RELATED: How to Delete Comment on an Instagram Post
The account will be restricted and their comment on your post can only be seen by you and the relevant account. The below-mentioned method is to restrict an Instagram user account from the comment section.
- Navigate to the comment of the Instagram user on your post that you want to restrict.
- Swipe left on the comment, and tap on the “Report” button.
- From the pop-up menu, select the “Restrict” option.
Users will be restricted from your account. You can un-restrict them by going to their profile and following the same method you used to restrict them.
READ: How to Find out Instagram Accounts that you never interacted with