Google Chrome asks you if you want to save passwords or information when you fill out forms or log-in to social media accounts. These passwords are saved in Google Chrome “Settings” under the “Auto-fill” section. You can retrieve the passwords anytime you want from here.
In case you have forgotten the password to some account or want to log-in to another browser, you can access the password from the Google Chrome settings. In this guide, we will show you how to retrieve saved passwords in Google Chrome.
Viewing Passwords in Google Chrome
Here’s how you can view passwords in Google Chrome from Settings:
- Launch Google Chrome in your PC through a shortcut or by searching from the search tab on the taskbar.
- Next, click on the menu button on the top-right corner of the screen which looks like three vertical dots.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Settings”.
- Google Chrome will take you to the Settings Window. By default, “You and Google” settings will appear. Under the “Auto-fill” heading click on the “Passwords” option.
- On the “Passwords” window, scroll down to the “Saved Passwords” section. Here you’ll find the list of saved passwords along with the username and website name.
- To view the password, click on the eye. It will ask you to enter the password or scan your finger-print in order to make sure it is the authorized person trying to view the saved password.
- Once you have got the username and password right, click on the “OK” button.
The password will be revealed to you that you can use wherever you want. Make sure to not write it on the sticking note in your monitor.