Microsoft Word provides vast features to the users, one of them is finding/searching words in the document. Users may either want to find and replace the word or phrase in the document or just find the number of times a word is used. You can make your search more specific by using the advanced features.
In this guide, we will show you how to use the search feature in Microsoft Word.
Searching Text in Microsoft Word
Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to the “Find” option in the “Editing” section on the “Home” tab or use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + F” on Windows PC and “Command + F” on Mac.
- Navigation pane will appear on the left side of the Word’s screen. Type the word that you want to search in the document. It will show you the amount of time searched word has appeared in the document and the sentences it appeared in.
- Click on the up and down arrows to navigate through the searched word.
Using Advanced Search Feature
Here’s how you can use the advanced search feature in Microsoft Word:
- Navigate to the “Find” option in the “Editing” section and select the “Advanced Find” option from the drop-down options.
- From the “Find & Replace” window, select the “More” option.
- Check the boxes given by the options that you want to enable before making a search.
Now when you will make a search in Word document, it will be conducted keeping in regard to the checked options. You may also like to check out How to Change Paper Size in Microsoft Word