If you are concerned about the privacy in Zoom meetings, Skype’s Meet Now feature is for you. Skype Meet Now feature lets you set up a video call that anyone can join just by using a link.
Skype has made video meetings easy since the Coronavirus Pandemic. Now anyone can set up a conference call without having to sign up or downloading the app in your device. You can just go to the website and sign-in to your existing account and set the conference call.
Also, learn HOW TO ENABLE SUBTITLES FOR SKYPE CALLS
In this guide, we will show you how to set up a public video call on skype that anyone can join.
Setting up a Conference Video Call on Skype
Here’s how you can set up a conference call on skype that anyone can join:
- Launch the browser and go to the Skype Meeting page. Log-in with your existing Skype account.
- Click on the “Create a free meeting” button.
- A unique link will be generated that you can copy and share with other members that are supposed to join the meeting or your friends and family.
- You can also click on the “Share Invite” button and choose the “Outlook Mail” or “Gmail” to share the meeting link via email.
- When the participant will click on the link, they will be asked if they want to open the Skype app to instantly join the meeting. Click on “Open Skype” and it will take you to the meeting group in the skype app.
- Or select “Cancel” and click on “Join as guest” button. You will be asked to enter your guest name that will expire after 24 hours.
- Click on “Join”. The meeting group will be joined in the browser which only works for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Once all the participants have joined, click on the “Start Call” button. Next, you will find “Share invite” and “Start call” options again. Select “Start call” to start the Group video call.