Discord let you set the custom keybind for Push To Talk from the settings menu. Before you try to do that, make sure Discord has access to microphone and keyboard permission through the System Preference settings.
In this guide, we will show you how to set custom keybind for “Push To Talk” in Discord.
Setting Custom Keybind for “Push To Talk” in Discord
Follow the guide to learn how to do it:
- Launch the “Discord” application on your desktop. Navigate to the bottom of the screen where your profile picture is located and click on the gear icon to open “User Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Voice & Video” panel. Under the “Input Mode” heading click on “Push To Talk” to enable the option.
- All the Keybinds that you are using in Discord will be listed in the “Keybind Settings”. Click on the link to open the keybind settings.
- No keybinds are automatically configured as defaults. Therefore, if you enable “Push to Talk” keybind, the “Push to Mute” keybind won’t be set with it.
- Keybind settings are where you set to set and configure all of your keybinds in discord. Click on the “Push to Talk (Normal)” drop-down box. From the drop-down menu check which keybind you would like to use.
To test your new Push-to-Talk keybind, Discord provides an easy way to check that your microphone is picking up your voice. Click on “Let’s Check” and speak in your microphone. If the indicator lights up, then the microphone is working.