Two-Factor authentication makes an account more secure than before by adding a second layer of security. Discord also needs 2FA as there are chances that your account will be stolen. In this guide, we will show you how to set up Two-Factor Authentication for your Discord account.
Also, learn What is Two-Factor Authentication and How to Enable/Disable It In iPhone
Settings Up Two-Factor Authentication for Discord Account
When you set up two-factor authentication for your discord account, it won’t let you log-in until you enter the code that has been sent to you via Google Authenticator or Authy. Here’s how you can add a layer of security to your discord account:
- Launch Discord, open “Settings” by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left next to your account name.
- Under “User Settings” click on “My Account” if it doesn’t open by default when you click on the Settings and choose “Enable Two-Factor Auth” from the right panel.
- Now set up Google Authenticator or Authy on your device and in either of the app “Scan a Barcode” feature to scan the QR code in Discord. How to Scan and Read QR codes on iPhone/iPad
- To activate “Two-Factor Authentication” you need to enter the 6-digit verification code that has been presented to you by either of the apps. Enter the code in Discord.
- Next, “Enable SMS Authentication” or “Download Backup Codes” to use whenever you need to verify your identity later.
You may also like to check out How to Hide Games that you’re playing on Discord