If you are helping someone out troubleshooting the smartphone, the easiest way to do it is by accessing their device’s screen. Instead of installing a special third-party app to share the screen, you can easily do it by using Facebook Messenger.
In this guide, we will show you how you can share your iPhone’s screen using Facebook Messenger.
Sharing iPhone’s Screen Through Facebook Messenger
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to share your iPhone’s screen with someone through Facebook Messenger:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Apple device by manually finding the app on your phone or using the Spotlight feature to search the app and opening it from the results.
- Next, navigate to the conversation and tap on the “Video” call button to start a video call.
- When the video call starts, swipe from the bottom of the screen to reveal more call options.
Note: This feature works for group video calls & for Facebook Rooms.
- Tap on the “Share Your Screen”.
- You’ll see an introductory pop-up when you will first try this feature, tap on the “Start Sharing” button.
- The default iOS broadcast pop-up will appear on the screen, make sure the Messenger app is selected here and tap on “Start Broadcast”.
Your screen will now be shared with the other participant and the Messenger app will disable your camera. You can go to the Home screen and can browse around in your device to share it with the person on the other side of the call. You will not be able to see the participant in the picture-in-picture window but can hear their voice.
Open the Messenger app and tap on the “STOP” button to stop sharing the screen.