The VLC player provides the possibility to stream video torrents without downloading them. When you want to instantly play a movie rather than downloading it then VLC player is the best application. It is very simple to stream the movies from torrent files.
For this purpose, you must have a VLC media player and uTorrent. The uTorrent is necessary to grab the stream URL and VLC to play the torrent movie.
Stream Torrent Movies on VLC
It is very easy to stream a torrent movie. You can do it just by following a few simple steps.
- First, make sure that the movie is playable or there is a media file in the torrent.
- Search for the torrent file and open it in uTorrent or any other torrent downloader.
- Make sure that the download does not start, in case it starts, stop the downloading as it will start uploading the files while downloading which may slow down your internet.
- In the ‘Files’ tab from the detailed info bar at bottom of the application, ‘Copy Stream URL’ from the context menu of the media file you want to stream.
Playing the Media Torrent in VLC
- Open VLC Media Player and Press Ctrl+N or Media > Open Network Stream
- VLC Media Player will automatically capture the streaming URL or manually place the stream URL.
- Click on Stream / Play button to start playing the Streaming torrents.