Instagram is one of the widely used social media platforms all around the world. Users sign-up and upload pictures of whatever they like. Many brands use this platform to publicize their work, photographers show off their photography through this platform. You can use it for whatever purpose you want.
Instagram does not have an option to permanently delete the account. However, users can temporarily disable it. It couldn’t be done directly from the Instagram App. You can log-in to your account on a browser and do it.
In this guide, you will learn how to temporarily disable the Instagram Account.
Temporarily Disable the Instagram Account
Users may have any reason to disable the account. They might not find it fascinating, it could be distracting to the user or simply want a break from social media. Whatever may the reason be, it could be easily done. Here’s how you can temporarily disable the Instagram account:
- Launch Browser either from Windows or through your phone. Go to official Instagram Website https://instagram.com
- Log-in to your already existing account by typing your username and password.
- Click on the Profile picture given on the right top of the screen. This will take you to your Instagram profile.
- Click on the Edit profile option given right beside your username.
- Scroll down the page to find a “Temporarily Disable my account” option. Click on the option, it will take you to the “Temporarily Disable Your Account” page.
- Now select the reason why you are disabling your account from the number of reasons given and type-in your account’s password.
- Once you are done filling in the required information, click on Temporarily Disable Account.
In this way, your account will be temporarily disabled. Also, remember once you have re-activated your account after disabling, you cannot disable again before a week. After one week of enabling your account, you can disable it again.