Find my iPhone is an iPhone feature which lets you track your iPhone. It is a very useful feature if your phone gets stolen or is in the wrong hands, it will easily let you find your device and remove data immediately. Also before selling your iPhone, make sure you have this feature turned off because the new user will find it difficult to remove it and wouldn’t want to be tracked down by the previous user.
Other reason to disable this feature could be that someone else has your Apple login password and they could use Find my iPhone app to locate your iPhone. There are multiple pros and cons of using this service.
By turning Find My iPhone on you can see your device location on Map, remotely lock it, wipe the data from it and send message to the person who has your iPhone by logging on to iCloud.com on MacBook or Personal Computer.
Whatever may be the reason you want to deactivate Find My iPhone we are here to help you with it. Follow the steps given below to do it:
Disabling Find My iPhone on iPhone or iPad
- Go to Settings in your device
- Tap on your name then tap on iCloud and scroll down the list to find “Find My iPhone” option
- Tap on “Find My iPhone” option and toggle off the button.
- Turning it off, your device will ask you to enter your Apple ID and Password for confirmation.
- If you’re planning to give your iPhone away, before turning the feature off factory reset your device. To factory reset your device go to the Settings > General > Reset and Erase All Content and Settings
Disabling Find My Mac on iMac or MacBook
Similar to iPhone or iPad you can have this feature on your iMac or MacBook, to turn it off for privacy concerns follow the steps below
- Select System Preferences on your Mac
- Select iCloud and scroll down the menu
- Uncheck the box given in-front of the “Find My Mac”
- For confirmation, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID and Password. After you’ll enter your account details, it will be successfully removed from your iMac.