If you have blocked an Instagram user for whatever reason, you cannot be able to see their posts, stories, or interact with them nor will they be able to interact with you. However, if you have decided to unblock them or you want to be friends with them again, there exists an unblock option for it.
Even if you have blocked a person, you would be able to search them through the search tab on Instagram. In this guide, we will show you how to unblock a user on Instagram.
Unblocking an Instagram User from Their Profile
To unblock a user from their profile, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device, and tap on the Search tab on the bottom of the screen.
- Type the username of the user that you want to unblock, and tap on the name of the user from the search results.
- On the profile, you’ll find the “Unblock” button instead of the “Follow” button. Tap on the “Unblock” button.
- A pop-up box will appear on the screen asking you if you’re sure about your action. If you’ll tap on the “Unblock” option again, the user will be able to request to follow you and Instagram won’t let them know that you have unblocked them. Tap on “Unblock” if you’re sure or tap on “Cancel” to go back.
Instagram will tell you that the user has been unblocked and you can unblock them again anytime you want. Tap on “Dismiss”. Refresh the screen to see the posts of the unblocked Instagram user if they have a public account.
RELATED: How to Mute an Instagram User
Unblocking a User from Instagram Settings
If you don’t remember the Instagram handle of the user you want to unblock or they have changed it, you can go through your blocking list in Instagram settings to unblock them.
Here’s how you can unblock a user from your Instagram settings:
- Launch the Instagram app in your device, and tap on the Profile icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From your profile, tap on the menu button that looks like three horizontal parallel lines.
- Tap on “Settings” from the pop-up menu.
- In “Settings” tap on “Privacy”.
- From the “Connections” section, tap on “Blocked accounts”. The list of all the blocked accounts will be displayed on the screen.
- Scroll down to find the account that you want to unblock, and tap on the “Unblock” button given next to their account name in the list.
- Confirm your action by tapping on the “Unblock” option on the pop-up.
The respective Instagram account will be unblocked. Now you’ll be able to interact with them and follow them.