Windows 10 “Fresh Start” feature lets the users reinstall the Windows and removed all the manufacturer-installed bloatware on your PC. The “Fresh Start” feature is no longer the part of the Windows Security application. You will now find this feature in the “Reset Your PC” feature.
Moreover, you cannot find a feature named “Fresh Start” anymore as you have to turn on a special option to uninstall bloatware when factory resetting your Windows PC.
In this guide, we will show you how to use the “Fresh Start” feature in Windows 10 May 2020 edition.
Using Fresh Start Feature in Windows 10
Follow the guide to learn how you can do it:
- Head over to the Windows Settings in your Windows 10 PC using the shortcut or by searching from the search tab on the taskbar.
- Click on “Update & Security” in Windows Settings.
- Click on the “Recovery” option on the left panel to extend Recovery tools and click on “Get started” under the “Reset this PC” heading.
- From the “Reset this PC” window, select “Keep my files” or “Remove everything” to delete all the files and settings while re-installing the Windows.
- It will ask you how you would like to reinstall Windows, tap on “Cloud Download” to download the Windows 10 installation files online from Microsoft or “Local reinstall” to use the already existing installation files on your PC.
- On the “Additional Settings” screen, click on “Change settings”.
- Set the “Restore preinstalled apps?” option to “No”. By doing so, Windows will not install the applications that are no longer supported by the new Windows 10 version.
- Click on “Confirm” and continue the reset process.