Sometimes you get to have the need to zoom in a particular part of the document in Word. It is very easy to do it but if you are an amateur or new user of Microsoft Word, this guide is for you. In this guide, you will learn how to zoom in and out of the Microsoft Word Document.
Using the Zoom bar to Zoom in or out of the Word Document
Microsoft has made everything very easy for the users, you can easily zoom in and out of the document using the zoom bar given at the status bar at the bottom of the window.
To zoom in or out of the word document, you can either use the + sign to zoom in or – sign to zoom out given besides the zoom bar.
Alternatively, you can use the mouse pointer to slide the slider of the Zoom bar. You will notice that as you slide the zoom bar, the page size will increase. Some of the page areas won’t be visible on the screen, a horizontal scroll bar will appear on the bottom of the word screen. Slide the slider bar to view the invisible part of the document.
Using Zoom Dialogue box to Zoom in and out of the Document
If you want a little more control of the zoom feature, you can use the zoom dialogue box. To control the zoom feature through zoom dialogue box follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the View tab in the Microsoft Word document.
- Now click on the Zoom button with a zoom icon.
- A dialogue box will appear, in the “Zoom to” group, you will find some predefined options.
- The options to the right zoom in and out to a specific percentage to fill its given purpose while those on the left are set defaults. These percentages will differ depending on your device’s screen size and the size of your Word window (full-screen, half-screen, etc.)
- You can also click on the up and down icon given by the percent option.
- When you are done selecting the zoom in and out option click on the “OK” button.
Related: How to use Text Shortcuts in Google Docs