Flags are the features that are not yet released officially but are provided under the flags name for the users to sneak peek into it. These features may have some bugs or tweaks as they’re not already out for the users. The concept is very similar to the Apple Beta versions of its Operating Systems.
learn How to Disable “Force Dark Mode for Web Content” in Google Chrome
In this guide, you will learn about some of the amazing Google Chrome Flags that could be used for better browsing. The flags that we are going to mention now have been tested on Google Chrome 78 and can be added to the latest version of Google Chrome too.
Best Google Chrome Flags for better Browsing
Warning: Before you continue enabling flags features on your Chrome, we would like you to know that Flags are the features that are not yet completed. They may damage your browser or system. The flag is an experimental feature that may have bugs and tweaks too.
Moreover, these features are just temporary features that could be removed by Google anytime.
Learn How to Enable Google Chrome’s Tab Hover Cards
Now if you want to enable any flag feature for your Chrome, here’s how to do it:
Launch Google Chrome and type chrome://flags in the Omni box aka Address bar on the top of the screen and press the Enter Key. Now you’re in the Flags window, here you will find all the flag features under the Experiment heading. Search for the feature that you want for your browser from the search bar. Click on the drop-down menu next to the feature name and select enabled.
Google Chrome will ask you to relaunch the browser to force new settings.
Learn How to Force Dark Mode on every Website in Google Chrome
Here are some of the best Google Chrome Flags for better browsing:
- Group Tabs Together: chrome://flags/#tab-groups
- Chrome’s Hidden Reader Mode: chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode
- Declutter Extensions from Chrome’s Toolbar: chrome://flags/#extensions-toolbar-menu
- Force Dark Mode for all sites: chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark
- Play/Pause Button for Music and Videos: chrome://flags/#global-media-controls
- Smooth Scrolling: chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling
- QUIC Protocol: chrome://flags/#enable-quic
- Temporary File system for Incognito Browsing: chrome://flags/#enable-filesystem-in-incognito